The plan had been to start harvesting EBH today as I had some help available in a visiting Uncle on my wife's side but the rain fell all day and it is soooo wet here. Thankfully the net has saved most of the berries from the Cedar Waxwings who are turning out to be the worst pest we have.
Anyway here is a look at some berries that are getting better flavored every day. Oh for a little sunshine to finish the transition.
This last picture is of a chimera which I posted last year as well. The plant now has 2 branches with this variegated look so I will try cuttings this week while the stems are fresh and tender and growing. One of the issues with EBH is that they tend to go quite dormant in their growing and will sit there till the fall frosts come without producing new growth. Now since we have had so much rain they may tend to grow longer than normal.








1 comment:
These are nice pics, Clayton! Today we were out harvesting some Borealis and I was mistaken about our fruit production...it is quite good in spite of the cold in May. The berries are very large across the orchard...Tundra is a monster...it may take a couple of us to carry a single berry out (just kidding, but I wish!). Hope you got these harvested?
Craig
Post a Comment