Well I must apologize to anyone who is following this site because I just have not been posting here. The summer was disappointing to say the least as so many things did not go well. Though there was good fruit set and good moisture there was little production due to the Cedar Waxwings and high winds we ended up with about 2l of poor quality fruit from about 200 to 250 plants. The tallest plants seemed to really take a beating from the wind especially. The birds even climbed up under the netting to eat the berries. Bah!
So here is what is happening right now. I am watering new seedlings with drip irrigation and the big plants are getting some rainwave watering as long as we can.
The rainwave is not very visible here but it is happening. With no rain it has been very dry and for some plants it has cause premature leaf drop.
I still have more than 60 pots which need to get planted into the ground. These are about 4 years old in the pots so they really need to get their roots spread out.
Here is an example of the drying out in some seedlings which are seriously affected by the lack of water.
We are into a grey day so that is why these pictures are a little dull.
No comments:
Post a Comment