Front here has 119 plants as one seedling did not make it through winter and the back of the nursery which is 3 - 4 years has about the same number of plants. There seemed to be good flowering so we will see if there is seed set very soon. As observed by Craig over at My Edible Blue Honeysuckle Orchard , I have not observed tame bees in the/on the blossoms. The larger wild bees are the most common pollinator that I see but I am guessing there are Mason Bees as well. I had hoped to get some Mason Bee homes made this year but I am overwhelmed with outside work at this time of year! Since my seedling production was at an all time low, the additions to the nursery will be limited.
This little nursery only has 36 plants but it is a mix of Russian and Japanese seedlings so should be good for some inter-crosses in a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment