Well we are in the midst of the second bout of rain in the past week. Last weekend we got 1.5 inches of very cold rain. Today it is again cold and rain coming down. When the heat hits growth will be phenomenal! So I have put together the results of the little Survey on Survey Monkey. You can see the results here. The thing I found quite interesting is the number of people who say they are not near a good nursery/garden center. This is not surprising in the countryside but I would expect the cities to be different. What I do find is that many folks working at garden centers or nurseries really have a limited knowledge of plants and the things they sell. And so many treat customers as if they are totally dumb. Enough complaining.
Blue honeysuckle are loading up with fruit even in this cold weather and I will post some pics as soon as this rain stops. Thanks to Daryl from Saskatoon who came and helped pot up about 80 new seedlings yesterday. So new plants are in the 150 range and look good. I was somewhat disappointed in some germinations but on the other hand this is probably all I can handle.
The fruit should be very good size if this moisture holds till they are fully developed.
No comments:
Post a Comment