Tonight I thought I would begin the process of transplanting my new seedlings. I start them in peat pellets and once they are growing well I like to transplant them into 3.5 inch black pots (I am buying by the case now if I need them) and into Sunshine #4 soiless mix. Here are some pictures. The toothpicks mark the first 50 % to germinate. I am trying to track this but don't know if it is significant or not.
This last picture is of a plant from seed from the Irkutsk/Kitoy River area of Siberia. The seed did not germinate very well but the plants which did come are quite healthy looking.
More to do in the next week as there are about 175 plants from germinated seed. Not as good as I would have expected but some populations just did not do well.



No comments:
Post a Comment