Saturday, October 31, 2009

Time for bed for the winter



Well I think I have wrapped up everything in the honeysuckle realm for the winter. Still had about 75-80 seedlings in pots and I have poured peat in around the pots and hope that will be enough for the winter. It occurred to me after I got everything snuggled in that snow might slide off the roof of the greenhouse and break some stems but OH Well!
I remembered seeing some very late blossoms and found these 2 little berries still hanging on and wishing for sunshine. The leaves on all plants are not real bright but have a nice dark fall color which looks particularly nice in the area where I planted fall rye between the rows. The fall rye will be cut with a push mower in the spring to try and get some organic matter into the plant rows.

Meanwhile I am looking for a new place to start over with all my plants so we can plan to sell our property here near the city.



No comments: