Friday, July 11, 2014

We will get some berries!

Today I picked this little pan of berries off of some seedlings which were not inside the netting but did have some netting over them!

 This pan was from one bush and I did lose a number of berries because they were in fall off mode. A very loose connection which made easy picking. Also the berries are long so easy to get a grip with your fingers.
 There are a few berries here from other plants on top of the other slim berries. I think the bigger berries are from seed I got from a friend in Poland and he just called them Big Berry as he also sent me seed from one he called Big Bush. I hope to get some berries from those plants as well.

2 comments:

James said...

Clayton in order not to lose too many berries we use the strawberry masters you can get tons of for free at any grocery store. Cut one long side down to about 1 inch and shove it under the bush against the stem. Turn it as you go around the bush picking. Out u-pickers love it.
James

Clayton said...

I will have to check that out! Thanks for the tip.