


Well the seedlings are continuing to grow and soon they can be outside. The weather is just a little on the cold side at night but it is getting better every day. I built a new holding tray as I use 3 inch and 4 inch pots to grow seedlings on. This is some aluminum soffit sheeting in a 2 x 4 frame. Good drainage and above the ground so air will prune the roots. And the only pollinators I am seeing so far are the wild bumblebees.
On another topic is seems some Nurseries are selling Sweetberry Honeysuckle only and I think people are confusing it with the good edible varieties. Not good for Blue Honeysuckle marketing!
There has been some disappointment with some seed germination of honeysuckle seed received over the winter. I am not sure if I did something wrong or the seed was not good. Hopfully there will still be a few new plants show up.
No comments:
Post a Comment