Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Things Happening


Well my honeysuckles are getting well established and I am impressed with how they are sending up new shoots. This is good! I need to find some kind of organic mulch before winter if I can.

Here are some pictures of Dewdrop tip cuttings rooting in peat pellets. Sure glad to see these roots. Maybe I can get them in the ground before winter.

I have also found a source of seed in Alberta as well as have had new contact from Russia. Hopefully these seeds will all make their way here. I have a new contact in Poland who is a home gardener as far as I can tell and this is the group I really want to draw on if possible. Sometimes people are lucky and find or grow a real winner! I am still trying to find someone with a collection of Dairy Queen take out sundae cups to use for starting cuttings.

1 comment:

MikeH said...

I am still trying to find someone with a collection of Dairy Queen take out sundae cups to use for starting cuttings.Try plastic cups from any supermarket.